Go look at your kitchen appliances and examine them. Now, tell me, are they so clean and shiny that you can see yourself clearly in them? Or can you see yourself a little blurry? Or…is it so dirty that it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned since forever?
If your answer is yes to the second one, don’t you worry! I got your back. I’ll be providing you with ways to make your kitchen appliances looking new! And if your answer was yes to the first question, bravo! But continue reading – maybe you don’t know these ways, and it can help you clean them even better. After all, there’s never an end to cleaning, and if they look shiny and clean, clean it till they get invisible! (Not literally, but you get what I mean, right?)
And if it’s the third one, then you are really going to need this. So keep reading!
So without further ado, let’s jump on to the ways, shall we?
WAY #1: Wash the small kitchen appliances after every use
This mostly applies for blenders, juicers and electric can openers.
Every time you blend some onions or tomatoes, every time you make yourself some delicious orange or mango juice, every time you open a can of some yummy tuna chunks, clean it every time so that they do not have anything left in them.
For blenders and juicers, the right way of cleaning would be to pour some warm water and a dash of dishwashing soap and let it blend. Once you’re done, pour the water out in the sink and rinse it with water, and there you have it, a clean, looking-like-a-new, blender or juicer!
For electric can openers, just wipe it off every time you open a can to remove the food residue.
WAY #2: Use lemon to clean
You can clean numerous appliances with just a small fruit called the lemon! They are not only useful to add some taste to your food but in cleaning some of your appliances as well. Let me tell you how:
- For microwave, pour a mixture of 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1.5 cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl and place it inside and microwave it for 5 to 10 minutes. The steam will condense on the walls of the inside, and you can just wipe it away and have yourself a clean microwave.
- Lemon can be useful to get rid of the foul odours – especially from your fridge – just by dabbing the lemon juice on a cotton ball and leaving it there for a few hours. You’re done!
- For the odours from your cutting board, rub it with a half-sliced lemon, and you’ll be rid of the smell!
How good are lemons?
WAY #3: Use vinegar to clean your appliances!
Ah, cleaning the stove – a tough job. I often spend all my kitchen cleaning hours in scrubbing the food or dirt off the stove. But don’t you worry, I got a hack for you which is easier and will leave your stove cleaner than ever!
- Grab a spray bottle or a bowl and fill it with a solution of half cup water and half cup vinegar. Spray or apply it to your stove and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes. After that, just wipe it off till it’s looking good as new – worked great for me.
- Pour some mixture of water and vinegar in your coffee machine, and let it run through it to get rid of everything remaining there from when you made a delicious cup of coffee for yourself.
- Do the same with your kettle, and bring it to boil. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes and discard it. And you’ll have a clean and fresh kettle ready to be used.
How does it do this? Well, the acidity of vinegar helps to remove the grime.
WAY #4: Use baking soda for the inside of your fridge
Your refrigerator can be a mess sometimes with all the foods and items sitting on top of each other and barely have space for more. In between this, a little of it can spill here and there, leaving stains. And so, to clean the insides of the fridge, mix two tablespoons of baking soda with one quart of hot water. Then, dip a cloth in it and wipe off all the stains in no time!
Baking soda can be used for any other appliance, literally. All you need to do it mix ¼ cup of baking soda with peroxide to make a paste and rub it on any kitchen appliance and watch it become completely spotless.
All the natural ways of cleaning are so fascinating and easy, AND you save money too! The perfect cleaners.
WAY #5: Use baby oil
Okay, okay, I know you are probably thinking, “baby oil? For cleaning? Is she crazy?” But just hear me out.
If you have a steel appliance, you already know the struggle of having hundreds of fingerprints on them (okay, that hundred may be an exaggeration, but it’s okay, isn’t it?) and trying to do every possible thing to get rid of it.
Well, lucky for you, I got just the way out for you. Just grab yourself a bottle of baby oil because that will do wonders.
Just get a cloth and dab some baby oil on it and polish the surface with it and voila, the fingerprints have vanished. It will also help prevent new fingerprints from showing, leaving your appliance shiny like a diamond!
Shiny kitchen appliances
Well, that’s all the ways I have for you guys to get your kitchen appliances looking good as new. I hope you’ll follow them and they will be of great use to you.
AND REMEMBER: Do deep cleaning every week to get rid of all the bacteria and get that kitchen sparkle. Trust me, you will thank me for this.
Now, go and follow those ways and see how your kitchen appliances will be thanking you for it. (Not literally)